Private Eye Consultation in Los Angeles, CA
Schedule a private eye consultation, with Thomas J. Barnes LA Private Eye. Through my business, I am proud to offer comprehensive private investigative services. These services are available through a private eye contract. Review my bio and decide on the value of a private investigator retainer agreement.
Preliminary Retainer agreement:
GENERAL SERVICE AGREEMENT:
Please fill out the PDF document, once completed please attach the document to the contact form found on the contact page of the website. Completing the Agreement and sending it will be considered as your digital signature. Submission of a request binds the client to the contract agreement.
Doctor Thomas Barnes PhD Criminology, State Licensed Private Investigator.
PO Box 9298, Whittier, California, 90608, USA (the “Contractor”)
- The Client is of the opinion that the Contractor has the necessary qualifications, experience and abilities to provide services to the Client.
- The Contractor is agreeable to providing such services to the Client on the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
IN CONSIDERATION OF the matters described above and of the mutual benefits and obligations set forth in this Agreement, the receipt and sufficiency of which consideration is hereby acknowledged, the Client and the Contractor (individually the “Party” and collectively the “Parties” to this Agreement) agree as follows:
- The Client hereby agrees to engage the Contractor to provide the Client with the following services (the “Services”):
• Investigative research but not limited to..
- The Services will also include any other tasks which the Parties may agree on. The Contractor hereby agrees to provide such Services to the Client.
TERM OF AGREEMENT
- The term of this Agreement (the “Term”) will begin on the date of this Agreement and will remain in full force and effect until the completion of the Services, subject to earlier termination as provided in this Agreement. The Term may be extended with the written consent of the Parties.
- In the event that either Party wishes to terminate this Agreement prior to the completion of the Services, that Party will be required to provide 14 days’ written notice to the other Party.
5. The Parties agree to do everything necessary to ensure that the terms of this Agreement take effect.
6. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, all monetary amounts referred to in this Agreement are in USD (US Dollars).
7. The Contractor will charge the Client for the Services as follows (the “Compensation”):
• $750.00 Retainer consulting, additional work at $150.00 Hr., plus any investigative Costs
(parking, copies document, but not limited to the aforementioned)
8. Invoices submitted by the Contractor to the Client are due upon receipt.
9. In the event that this Agreement is terminated by the Client prior to completion of the Services but where the Services have been partially performed, the Contractor will be entitled to pro rata payment of the Compensation to the date of termination provided that there has been no breach of contract on the part of the Contractor.
REIMBURSEMENT OF EXPENSES
The Contractor will be reimbursed from time to time for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred by the Contractor in connection with providing the Services.
10. All expenses must be pre-approved by the Client.
PENALTIES FOR LATE PAYMENT
11. Any late payments will trigger a fee of 12.00% per month on the amount still owing.
12. Confidential information (the “Confidential Information”) refers to any data or information relating to the Client, whether business or personal, which would reasonably be considered to be private or proprietary to the Client and that is not generally known and where the release of that Confidential Information could reasonably be expected to cause harm to the Client.
13. The Contractor agrees that they will not disclose, divulge, reveal, report or use, for any purpose, any Confidential Information which the Contractor has obtained, except as authorized by the Client or as required by law. The obligations of confidentiality will apply during the Term and will survive indefinitely upon termination of this Agreement.
14. All written and oral information and material disclosed or provided by the Client to the Contractor under this Agreement is Confidential Information regardless of whether it was provided before or after the date of this Agreement or how it was provided to the Contractor.
OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
15. All intellectual property and related material (the “Intellectual Property”) that is developed or produced under this Agreement, will be the property of the Contractor. The Client is granted a non-exclusive limited-use license of this Intellectual Property.
16. Title, copyright, intellectual property rights and distribution rights of the Intellectual Property remain exclusively with the Contractor.
RETURN OF PROPERTY
17. Upon the expiration or termination of this Agreement, the Contractor will return to the Client any property, documentation, records, or Confidential Information which is the property of the Client.
18. In the event that this Agreement is terminated by the Client prior to completion of the Services the Contractor will be entitled to recovery from the site or premises where the Services were carried out, of any materials or equipment which is the property of the Contractor or, where agreed between the Parties, to compensation in lieu of recovery.
19. In providing the Services under this Agreement it is expressly agreed that the Contractor is acting as an independent contractor and not as an employee. The Contractor and the Client acknowledge that this Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture between them, and is exclusively a contract for service. The Client is not required to pay, or make any contributions to, any social security, local, state or federal tax, unemployment compensation, workers’ compensation, insurance premium, profit-sharing, pension or any other employee benefit for the Contractor during the Term. The Contractor is responsible for paying, and complying with reporting requirements for, all local, state and federal taxes related to payments made to the Contractor under this Agreement.
RIGHT OF SUBSTITUTION
20. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Contractor may, at the Contractor’s absolute discretion, engage a third party sub-contractor to perform some or all of the obligations of the Contractor under this Agreement and the Client will not hire or engage any third parties to assist with the provision of the Services.
21. In the event that the Contractor hires a sub-contractor:
• The Contractor will pay the sub-contractor for its services and the Compensation will remain
payable by the Client to the Contractor.
• For the purposes of the indemnification clause of this Agreement, the sub-contractor is an agent of the Contractor.
22. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Contractor will have full control over working time, methods, and decision making in relation to provision of the Services in accordance with the Agreement. The Contractor will work autonomously and not at the direction of the Client. However, the Contractor will be responsive to the reasonable needs and concerns of the Client.
23. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Contractor will provide at the Contractor’s own expense, any and all tools, machinery, equipment, raw materials, supplies, workwear and any other items or parts necessary to deliver the Services in accordance with the Agreement.
24. The Parties acknowledge that this Agreement is non-exclusive and that either Party will be free, during and after the Term, to engage or contract with third parties for the provision of services similar to the Services.
26. All notices, requests, demands or other communications required or permitted by the terms of this Agreement will be given in writing and delivered to the Parties at the following addresses:
a. ______________________ ______________________________
b. Doctor Thomas Barnes PhD Criminology, State Licensed Private Investigator. PO Box 9298, Whittier, California, 90608, USA
or to such other address as either Party may from time to time notify the other, and will be deemed to be properly delivered (a) immediately upon being served personally, (b) two days after being deposited with the postal service if served by registered mail, or (c) the following day after being deposited with an overnight courier.
27. Except to the extent paid in settlement from any applicable insurance policies, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, each Party agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the other Party, and its respective affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, penalties, punitive damages, expenses, reasonable legal fees and costs of any kind or amount whatsoever, which result from or arise out of any act or omission of the indemnifying party, its respective affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns that occurs in connection with this Agreement. This indemnification will survive the termination of this Agreement.
28. Client will advise if subject of investigation has been subject of prior investigations, has history of violent or substance abuse, also does he carry or have access to firearms or dangerous weapons which can be used on investigator during investigation.
MODIFICATION OF AGREEMENT
29. Any amendment or modification of this Agreement or additional obligation assumed by either Party in connection with this Agreement will only be binding if evidenced in writing signed by each Party or an authorized representative of each Party.
TIME OF THE ESSENCE
30. Time is of the essence in this Agreement. No extension or variation of this Agreement will operate as a waiver of this provision.
31. The Contractor will not voluntarily, or by operation of law, assign or otherwise transfer its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Client.
32. It is agreed that there is no representation, warranty, collateral agreement or condition affecting this Agreement except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
33. This Agreement will enure to the benefit of and be binding on the Parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators and permitted successors and assigns.
34. Headings are inserted for the convenience of the Parties only and are not to be considered when interpreting this Agreement.
35. Words in the singular mean and include the plural and vice versa. Words in the masculine mean and include the feminine and vice versa.
36. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
37. In the event that any of the provisions of this Agreement are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, all other provisions will nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable with the invalid or unenforceable parts severed from the remainder of this Agreement.
38. The waiver by either Party of a breach, default, delay or omission of any of the provisions of this Agreement by the other Party will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or other provisions.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the Parties have duly affixed their signatures.
Doctor Thomas Barnes PhD Criminology, State Licensed Private Investigator.